Monday, August 16, 2010

Teachers make the worst students

Today was my first official day as an employee of the Provo City School District. I have my first "teacher class." Today's lesson was Literacy Development and Small group management. The first two hours (of seven) were very educational. I learned how to use my teacher's manual and basal reading program to its full educational potential (not necessarily what they lay out in the book). The program they use is very similar to what is used in Logan School District.
However, the next 5 hours proceeded to be a waste of time. It was a testament that Utah State provides their education majors with the finest education in the state. Everything that was taught, which it seemed most did not know, was a review for me. Most of it I had learned as early as Level II at USU. For the first time, I truly appreciate the education I received.
As I sat in this giant room looking around, I realized teachers make THE WORST students! Have are texting, the other have are on their computers fooling around. Very few of us were actually paying attention. I could hear several side conversations going on. How many of us would actually put up with that in our classrooms? Not one of us, that's how many! (Although, I do have to admit, I was one of those texting, and occasionally talking :)
Now there are just 2 more days of this and I can get back in my classroom! 7 more days til the kids come!

No comments:

Post a Comment