Sunday, October 09, 2011

Live Loyal to the Royal Within

Do you ever wake up thinking "Today could be a really great day...or...today could go horrible wrong." Well, today was one of those days. I knew several things of importance were happening and depending on how they turned out would affect my entire day. Let's just say today was much better than I expected it to be.

I have had a lot of experiences recently topped off by being set apart for a new calling today that have struck me as coincidental...but as we all know, nothing with the Lord is coincidental. I feel like the main message of things lately has been how blessed every person on this earth is to be a son or daughter of God. He is literally our Father in Heaven. I keep getting reminders of this on almost a daily basis this week.

I watched General Conference this past weekend. I took notes. I paid attention. And, as usual, I still have a hard time remembering who said what. The one word for word statement I do remember and that has stuck with me all week was from Sister Elaine S. Dalton's talk, "Live loyal to the royal within you." What a great reminder of our eternal potential.

I also finally got around to watching the General Relief Society broadcast from 2 weeks ago. (I know I should have watched it sooner.) I had heard all these wonderful things about President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's (2nd Counselor in the First Presidency) talk and how amazing it was, but really, nothing could have prepared me for that message. It was exactly what I needed to hear! Once again, what a firm testimony of how much our Father in Heaven loves each and every one of us! How much He wants us to succeed! How much He wants to bless us and helps us reach the eternal potential each one of us has!

Then, I bought Pres. Uchtdorf's book "Your Happily Ever After." Again, I had heard great things about it and after that message from the Relief Society meeting, I figured I should look into it. Again, he knocks me off my feet. Pres. Uchtdorf has a way with expressing words in the way to strike me perfectly. As he is talking about receiving the blessing of "happily ever after," he says, "But such a blessing does not come without a price. It is not given simply because you desire it. It comes only through understanding who you are and what you must become in order to be worthy of such a gift." Once again, who we are, daughters of the Most High, with potential to become just like him.

Next, (I know crazy, huh!?!) I finally got a copy of the Church's new book "Daughter in My Kingdom." Maybe because this has already been on my mind, but it struck me how much emphasis Church wide is being put on sisters and the Relief Society. Just the fact that they published this book, focusing on the history of Relief Society and the purpose of it, for every sister in the church amazes me. Then in the very first section of the book it states one of the purposes of the book and in studying the book is so "They can receive guidance as they strive to become the people the Lord wants them to become and do the things He would have them do."

For some reason, the Lord really wants us all to know that we are His daughters (and sons). I know this is true and have felt it in the last week stronger than ever. Don't ever forget to live loyal to the royal within.

No comments:

Post a Comment