Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dear Happiness,

Dear Happiness, 

This last week I found myself in one of those downward, self-pitying spirals. Things just could not go my way. I felt unsocial, crabby, and angry. 

Then I had an epiphany of sorts...but not really, because I already knew this, I had just forgotten in the moment.

No one make you unhappy but you. This is a choice, not a consequence. The things that I was using an excuse to be unhappy were just that...an excuse. I didn't have to be unhappy. No one else really cared if I was happy or not. So why was I? 

Worrying about things in the past can't change anything. Worrying about things that really have nothing to do with me doesn't fix anything. Getting upset by something that you really don't care about only raises your blood pressure.

So, I decided to be happy.

Love, Jess






No comments:

Post a Comment