Saturday, November 23, 2013

All-About-Me

I have kind of been in a blogging slump lately. I haven't really been feeling the Dear Boys nor have I felt like I had anything really worthwhile to share. I am sure many of you have seen the "number game" being passed around Facebook right now. For some reason, I really don't like the idea of doing it on Facebook but am totally ok with doing it here. So I am picking the number 10 for myself.

1. I don't like the quiet. I have to have music playing or the TV on. Whether I am really paying attention to it or not is another story, but there has to be background noise.

2. I LOVE the outdoors. 4-wheeling is my favorite, but hiking, camping, fishing, and hunting fit the bill too. I would rather be doing something outside than just about anything else. Put me in the mountains and I am completely happy.

3. I really enjoy sports. I always enjoyed watching them with my dad growing up, but ever since going to Utah State I have really fallen in love. Anything Utah State (most importantly basketball) and anything MLB. I love baseball.

4. I am a people watcher. Black Friday shopping? Couldn't care less about the sales, but the crazy people?? Yes please!! Any large group of people and I often get distracted watching those around me.

5. Yes, my hair is naturally curly. That seems to surprise people. I haven't always loved it. In fact, it's only been in the last couple of years that I have learned to really enjoy it. Now it is my preference. I hardly ever straighten it.

6. I am definitely a leader, not a follower. I like to be in charge. Not because I am power hungry, but because I know things will be done right well.

7. I have a hard time saying no. I don't like to disappoint people.

8. I love to read. But most of all, I love to reread books I have already read. Weird, I know. I love reading something that I already know what is going to happen and still getting completely wrapped up in the emotions. I love seeing signs of what is coming and know what they are leading up to. (Just as an example, I have read the entire The Work and the Glory series 8 times, the entire Harry Potter series 6 times and the first one 12.)

9. My favorite hobbies make me sound like an 80-year-old woman. I love puzzles. (As in I own more than 20, not counting ones I have finished and framed.) I love to cross-stitch. I find it relaxing yet challenging. And I love mind-puzzles... word searches, crossword puzzles, suduko, and dot-to-dots (yes they come in books, very complicated, and many varieties).

10. I am NOT an animal person. My idea of the perfect pet is a plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment