Sunday, February 09, 2014

#jessbrain

There are so many things I want to say today, but nothing all at the same time. So, as usual, I am copying Elise and going with #jessbrain today.

It's been raining on and off for three or four days now. Not a hard rain, but a light steady rain. I love it. (So much more than I love the snow.) I know we need the water and the snowpack and blah, blah, blah, but I am pretty content with this whole snow in the mountains, rain in the valleys thing.

Work (school) was really good this week. I even feel this way after parent teacher conferences! I think it is because we didn't have any mandated testing this week. I have a special group of kids this year. I don't know if I am just becoming more comfortable, getting into a groove now that I have done this for a few years, or if it is just this group, but we get each other. 

Boys. Why is dating so hard? I don't like the game of dating. I like boys. I like dating. I just don't like the "game." Maybe it's because I am not very good at playing it...? One of my friends wrote this blog post over at West Hawthorne Place (You should really check her blog out. It is pretty awesome.) I totally connected with it.

My Ags have done well the last 2 games at home, but I am worried about them going back out onto the road. It has been a rough year. I never thought I would see a year that football would be more successful than basketball. I have been slightly disappointed in the Spectrum and students lately. I keep having to remind myself that it will probably never be the same without the dream team when you had to be in line for hours to get a good seat and the student section was full every game. It was pretty dang close last month again SDSU, but not really the same.

I have the best best friend in the whole world. She's pretty awesome to listen to my crazy ramblings, psychotic dreams, and put up with me complaining about dating (or lack thereof) all the time. Who would have thought that after only knowing each other 9 months and moving 120 miles apart we would stay such good friends over the last 5 years.

I have been in the same church ward for almost 4 years (unheard of in the YSA scene.) I kind of feel like I need a change, but I REALLY don't want to move. I am so grateful for the Bishop I have right now. He and his sweet wife have been exactly what I have needed the last 3 years. He will most likely be released this year and I am totally dreading it. 

Spring training started this week for a lot of MLB teams. Pitchers and catchers have already reported. Games start in a little over a month. This is good. Very good.

If you haven't seen this video you should watch it. I just about died laughing. And just in time to Valentine's Day.


1 comment:

  1. Love the video, Jess! And hooray for baseball season starting soon. I can't wait! Thanks for the blog shout out. I'm so happy my post resonated with you.

    ReplyDelete