Friday, May 30, 2014

Dear Children, (2013-14)

This year has been full of many...adventures. This morning, as I sat in our classroom, looking at the empty bulletin boards, empty desks, waiting for you to walk in for the last time, I realized how much FUN we have had this year. I have watched you learn and grow. I have seen some amazing personalities develop as you found yourselves. I have watched you laugh and play and dance and love and paint and sing. 

Once again, I believe you have taught me more than I could have ever taught you.

I've learned that no test can measure the love in a child's heart or what kind of person they are.

I've learned that it's ok for me to be funny and to make you laugh.

I've learned that sometimes the only thing to do is just shake my head and smile.

I've learned that it's ok to stick a movie in, just to watch a movie, because we all need a break.

I've learned your stress level rises when my stress level rises. 

I've learned that I can be just as stubborn as you.

I've learned that attendance matters more than you could ever imagine. I can't help you if you aren't here.

I've learned that one of my favorite qualities in children is your ability to forgive and forget.

I've learned that the "momma bear" instinct applies to teachers as well as mothers.

I've learned why we are told, "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter in the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matt. 18:3-4) 

I've learned to really, truly, enjoy my job. (Even when it's hard.)

I've learned there is nothing like a Russian substitute to make you love and appreciate me even more.

I've learned that the three people you always want to be on the good side of at school are the secretary, the custodian, and the PTA president.

I've learned the power of having a best friend- to lift you up, push you harder, and never give up on you.

I've learned that my curly hair is more than just hair to you. 

I've learned about the power of food- to motivate, to teach, and to empower.

I've learned that I pour every ounce of my heart and soul into you. Sometimes it is exhausting and sometimes it is painful, but it is always worth it.

I've learned that messy learning is often the best kind of learning.

I hope each one of you knows that you will ALWAYS hold a piece of my heart.  Know that you will always be considered one of mine.

Love, Miss Jensen







No comments:

Post a Comment