Monday, May 18, 2009

A-team Awesomeness

This past Thursday through Saturday was the A-team's second retreat of the year and I just have to say that it was amazing!! (but I really didn't expect anything different). I enjoyed every minute of it- everything from scary canyons and vowing to never go up Green Canyon to volleyball to watching others puke up orange soda (unhealthy and disgusting yes, but somehow entertaining).
This year I was fortunate enough to be on the winning Olympics team (Never Back Down '09!!). We had a couple of set backs with the Quiz Bowl and the Egg Toss, but rocked it up during the relay race and the egg drop. However, our ultimate win was the ice cream sculpture. The brilliant idea from Mason Andersen of "(physics)" is what got us the title. With winning came the cold water down the back from Bri. Well, the sad thing about this was I have known that is was coming for almost two months now and it still surprised me.
The A-team has never really been an emotional group, but this group changed that in a big hurry at retreat. During "60 Seconds O' Love" I think most people shed tears or got a little misty eyed. This has bonded us emotionally. What a great group!
Anywho, the rest of our weekend consisted of volleyball, more volleyball, smelling like campfire, and more smelling like campfire, eating and more eating. There was also some bouncy ball action (until it broke) and some personality analysis in there as well.
Applying for the A-team is the best decision I have made since coming to college. I can't imagine what my life would be like without it and I pretty much know that I would have no social life without it. I can't wait for SOAR to start

1 comment:

  1. Amen sista!!! A Team is the best. I can't wait for Tuesday! First day of SOAR. woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete