Sunday, June 28, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple


Yesterday, some friends and I went down to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house in South Jordan, UT. This is the second time I have had the opportunity to go through this open house. It amazes me how beautiful these buildings (all temples in general) are on the inside and out. There is so much to see and that makes me grateful I had another opportunity to go through. One of the things I noticed the second time through was that confirmation rooms by the baptismal font have glass doors and giant windows. I have never seen this before in a temple. Second thing I noticed this time too is the art work, not only what is there, but where it is placed. It all has significance and symbolism as to where it is put. A third thing I noticed was how open the temple is. I saw all the glass walls and stuff before, but I didn't realize how open and spacious it makes the temple. The building itself is not very large, but it looks larger from the inside.

There were so many people there this time around. It was like a solid wall of people the entire time. It's great to see members and non-members alike coming out to see this magnificent building. I love to see the temple and I'm (really) going there someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment