Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What I missed

Last summer I worked for the same group on campus that I am working for this summer running the new student orientation program at Utah State. There is one big difference between the two summers however. Last year, I moved home to Tooele and drove back and forth between Tooele and Logan and three a month, camping on people's couches all the time. This year I stayed in Logan. I don't I ever realized what I was missing last year by moving home.

Last night, some of the A-team members met on the Quad after dark, spreading out blankets, decked out with food and music to watch the stars come out. There were only 8 or 9 of us, but it was so much fun. We joked and played around, contemplated skinny wading in the fountains, and attempted to play a game of Truth or Dare. Now these are only litttle things, but these are the things I missed out on last year, the bonding moments we have.

Last Saturday a couple of the girls I work with came over and we watched "He's Just Not that Into You" (wonderful movie by the way) and sat and talked to hours. This is another thing I missed out on previously. There is nothing like discussing girly subjects like weddings, pregnancy, boys, and babies (not necessarily in that order) for hours on end while eating pizza in my living room.

It amazes me how Heavenly Father puts us in the places we need to be and when we need to be there. I know that I was supposed to stay in Logan this summer and be here to let these little moments be wonderful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment