Thursday, March 29, 2012

Annual Aggie Post

As the end of Aggie basketball season comes, it is time for my annual Aggie post.

What a season!!  No one could have asked these boys for more of a fight the last couple of games.  Not only were they winning, they were having fun and everyone could see it.  After an "interesting" start to the season (along with some unanticipated injuries) things were starting to look like it really would be a rebuilding year...the year everyone was fearing.  We saw glimpses of the potential the team had but it never seemed to stick.  A heartbreak of a WAC tournament game left everyone slightly depressed and worried.  Well, they proved us all wrong reaching a 20+ win season and making it to the championship round of the CIT, even if no one new what that stood for.  We saw guys like Danny Berger come alive.  Morgan Grim finally seemed healthy and played extremely well.  Preston Medlin, well, there are no words. Even with a loss last night, this season turned out to be a pretty good one.  And definitely an entertaining one.  

The past week, I have spent my fair share of time in Logan.  Two separate trips in 6 days,   It has been quite the week.  I got to see lots of friends from all my different social groups in Logan, go to my own surprise party, eat great food, play with glitter, and enjoy two basketball games.  Like always, it was a great time with great people and lots of inside jokes were made (that's my favorite part). 

However, sometimes, I feel like I live two different lives.  In one life, I live in Provo.  I am a college graduate that has a professional job.  I wake up in the morning, I go to work.  I do all the adult stuff like pay bills, go grocery shopping, be somewhat mature, etc.  In my second life, I get to be in Logan.  I have no real responsibility, I can play all I want, just be the immature dorky person I am on the inside.  Sometimes those lives try to mix themselves up and it doesn't work to well...but, I have come to the conclusion that having two lives isn't that bad most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment