Saturday, March 03, 2012

BFF

Today I would like to talk about my best friend and how awesome she is.

Jessi and I were roommates 3 years ago in Logan.  The first day I met her I was pretty sure she was terrified and never coming back.  I was moving into the apartment with 2 other girls and the only one who didn't know someone was Jessi.  When we moved in my family had come up to help so we barged into the apartment with 7 people all very loud and crazy.  Jessi got out of there as fast as she could...I was positive she wasn't coming back. Thankfully, she did.

Throughout the following school year, Jessi and I realized not only did we share the same name, we are pretty much the same person.  We think on the same brain wave (even 120 miles apart).  We literally can complete each others sentences.  It is kind of creepy sometimes.  We also have the tendency to bring out the funniness in each other (which usually means some type of random, slightly dirty comment).

When I moved to Provo, I was really nervous that we wouldn't stay as close, but was I wrong! First off, I had one of the best weekends of my life with Jessi in Vegas last March for the WAC tournament. And 2nd, I don't remember the last time I went one day without texting, talking on the phone, or chatting of Facebook with her (usually it is all three ways).  I come to Logan every chance I can and thankfully she lets me crash on her couch :)

So, the real reason for this post, was our conversation last night.  We somehow got on the topic of being coordinated and her comment was "Sorry dear, you really aren't that coordinated....well, you are coordinated but not very graceful..."  This made me laugh because #1- it is SO SO true and #2- because you know you have a good friend when a comment like that doesn't even hesitate to come out of their mouth.  She is the type of friend that would say, "Please don't wear that. You look awful" or  "Shut up, you are being stupid."  That is the friend you hang onto for a lifetime.




No comments:

Post a Comment