Sunday, March 10, 2013

Friends

I have thoughts I want to share, but they aren't very clear, so I apologize if this is...messy...

Sometimes I struggle with the whole "friends" thing. I like to think I am a very social person, but let's be honest, I'm really not. It takes a lot for me to talk to people I don't know very well and even once I get to know you, often times you don't see the real me. I have gotten really good over the years of fitting in where I need to, doing what I need to do/say for the situation (especially in Provo. I have never really felt like I "fit.")

This weekend I was given a very clear reminder that we all need friends in life. People who can see us for who we are and like us anyway. People who see the greatness in us and want to be with you. People who will laugh and joke and just have fun.

So, to all of you out there who have felt like me at one time or another, don't be afraid to just be you. People will like you. People will love you. 



2 comments:

  1. Love you, Jess! So glad to count you amount MY friends :)
    -Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that feeling. I hate forcing conversations with people I don't know so I just don't and I should. Thanks for the reminder dear. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete