Sunday, April 21, 2013

Behold the Lamb of God

If you have not had a chance to check out this month's Ensign/Liahona you definitely should. It is one of those power packed months. My favorite article has been "Behold the Lamb of God." It was one of those "never-thought-of-it-that-way" articles for me.

I don't know why this section hit me so hard, but it did.



"Before the Savior fulfilled His role as the sacrificial Lamb of God, He met with His apostles at the Last Supper and commemorated Israel's deliverance from Egypt (see Matt. 26:17-20). After the meal, the Lord took two symbolic elements of the Passover - the unleavened bread and the wine - and sanctified them to represent His body and His blood: "Take, eat; this is my body.

And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it" (Matt 26:26-27).

The newly instituted sacrament represented a different type of deliverance. Whereas Israel had been delivered from physical bondage, the Savior's impending sacrifice promised deliverance form spiritual and physical death."



We no longer offer animal sacrifices to show our devotion and obedience. We are now require to offer up "a broken heart and a contrite spirit."

(Picture by Greg Olsen)

1 comment:

  1. I love your Sunday post. Ok well I love all of your posts but the Sunday ones are my favorite. Thank dear.

    ReplyDelete