Monday, August 05, 2013

3 Year Anniversary

I realized this afternoon that 3 years ago this past Saturday I moved here. I never imagined it would be that long. I had a year, tops, in mind. It doesn't really sound like a long time, 3 years, but when you stop and think about how much I really didn't want to move here, it seems like a life time. 

I still can't say that I enjoy it. Some days it is almost more than I can take. Whenever I come back from being up north, I get the urge to cry. I still don't really feel like I fit in, like a fish out of water. 

I can easily say the only reason I am still here is because Heavenly Father keeps telling me to stay and trust me when I say, I ask Him often if I can move on. So many times it would have been extremely easy to pack up and walk away. I don't always understand why I need to be here but I do know that it is right. (And when I get depressed I just think, "It's better than Blanding.")

Hopefully, it will not be another 3 years :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat! I've been here for 4 years and I never planned to be here, ever. I never went to BYU and thought Provo would be my worst nightmare.

    But now that I have plans to leave in the near future, I'm actually pretty sad and nostalgic about leaving. I've made so many amazing friends here. I've fallen in love with the scenery and the mountains. I've become much stronger in the church and in my testimony as I've been around so many people who have the same beliefs.

    I know it's easy to feel stuck in this vortex bubble we call Provo. But just focus on the good and on the things you do love about being here, and it makes it easier. I've loved getting to know you here! And this is MUCH less depressing than Blanding. :)

    ReplyDelete