Sunday, August 04, 2013

Whole Heart and Soul

People say Sunday's are a day of relaxation and reflection. False. Sundays are stressful. (Ok, not always, but with my current calling they are.)

Today did not start off so well. On top of the usual meetings before church, I woke up late, everything I touched broke, fell, stopped working, etc, I forgot I was supposed to give the spiritual thought in my meeting this morning. Not good. 

I wouldn't say I was in a bad mood necessarily, just a stressed one. I was grumbling a little in my head about having so much to do and not knowing how to help certain people in my ward and how the visiting teaching assignments I spent an hour on yesterday were already outdated and wrong, and its Fast Sunday so naturally I am starving...you get the picture.

However, one cannot sit through a meeting with my Bishopric without feeling uplifted and cheered. They are such great examples and leaders. They just put a smile on your face. I left the meeting feelings much better than when I went in.

Plus, I came home from church today to see a pin my sister had pinned on Pinterest that fit perfectly with what I learned today.


Love it.  

I always tell my students, "If you don't take the time to do it right, you will have to take the time to do it again."


This could pertain to a church calling or your current employment or your home life/situation. But whatever it is that you are doing, do it with everything you have. 

No matter what you are doing, do it with your whole heart and soul. 
Do it enthusiastically and do it happily.


No comments:

Post a Comment