Thursday, September 05, 2013

Rainbows

I have been in one of those "what is wrong with me, why don't I have a boyfriend" moods lately. You know, that ugly spiral of self-doubt. 

So, I decided to go to the temple. I needed something to break the cycle. (Eventually I will get used to having a smart phone and learn to take pictures of everything...so just imagine the Mt. Timpanogos Temple.)

When I walked out, I was greeted by this BEAUTIFUL rainbow. 


My spirits were definitely lifted.

On my way out, I passed this little Ma & Pa diner that I have driven by every time I go to the temple for the past three years. I always think, "One day I will stop and eat there." Well, today I did. Best burger I have had in a long time!! (Again, just picture a really good looking burger and a pile of fresh cut fries.) I don't know why, but it just made me feel better. It didn't even bother me that I was sitting there by myself! It fact, it was kind of nice.

As I was driving home, I thought about 1 Nephi 1:20, "...But behold, I, Nephi will show unto your that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto deliverance."

I am so grateful I have a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to send me a rainbow and some wonderful food to make me smile on a day when I definitely needed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment