Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Today in Sacrament meeting one of the talks was centered on all the things his dad had taught him- both physically and spiritually. It made me think of all the things my dad has taught me.
         

*how to hit a baseball (in the school yard with the big blue plastic bat and the big white plastic balls)
*how to shoot a gun (and not be ashamed to shoot it well)
*how to appreciate the outdoors
*how to work hard (so you can play hard)
*how to appreciate Celine Dion (and other good music)
*how to serve in the church and serve outside the church
*how to move freshly died Easter Eggs without dying your fingers (and then how to throw said eggs down the mountain)
*how to spot a satellite moving through the sky


My list could go on forever, (spoiler alert: cliche moment up ahead), but as I get older the one thing that sticks out to me the most is how to love, what to look for in a husband, and what I want my future family to be like. 



I am pretty sure I have the best dad in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment