Sunday, May 05, 2013

The Hope of God's Light

I had to teach Relief Society today. (Which is not my favorite thing in the world by the way.) I started about 4 different lessons then finally gave up and called the Bishop for help. He recommended I use President Uchtdorf's talk from this past April Conference, The Hope of God's Light

BINGO! I think this lesson was more for me than anyone else.

My favorite quote from this talk was: 

"Spiritual light rarely comes to those who merely sit in darkness waiting for someone to flip a switch. It takes an act of faith to ope our eyes to the Light of Christ. Spiritual light cannot be discerned by carnal eyes...So how do we open our eyes to the hope of God's light?

First, start where you are...Second, turn your heart toward the Lord...Third, walk in the light."




2 comments:

  1. My ward used the same talk for our RS lesson today. It was wonderful. I'm sure you did a great job. Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great lesson! I really enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete