Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Power of Prayer

I am so thankful for the blessing and opportunity each one of us has to communicate with our Father in Heaven whenever we need it. Not only can we pray to ask for blessings or comfort, we pray to show gratitude. Prayers don't have to be long winded, or perfectly orated. We speak from the heart and He knows.

This is the story of "R." He has many struggles when it comes to academics, but he works hard and tries his best. The other teacher and I were both worried that he wouldn't pass his end of year tests. He is what we call a "bubble" student...you just don't know how he is going to do.

Tuesday R came running into my room to tell me his scores on the tests (not knowing I had already seen them.) He passed all three, two with flying colors. He was beyond excited. Then he made a statement that made me tear up. "Miss Jensen, I knew I would do good!! I did everything right. I went to sleep early. I ate a good breakfast. I was to school on time. I even took my math packet home to study! But, that's not why I knew I would do good. I prayed every night that I would be able to do my best."

He gets it. What a beautiful example and reminder of the Power of Prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment