Saturday, November 22, 2014

Thankfulness Day 3

After spending some time in Logan this weekend, I can't help but be grateful for that wonderful, beautiful place. People often saying, "Oh you just love Logan because of Utah State." Not really. I love Utah State because of Cache Valley.

There is something so special about that valley. Every time I come out of Sardine Canyon and see the view 't take my breathe away. It doesn't matter if it is the middle of the day and you can see forever, or dark and all you see are the lights across the valley. It doesn't matter if it is summer and everything is green or the dead of winter and everything is covered in a blanket of snow. Logan in the fall is a beautiful sight, but Spring can be just as lovely. There is a beauty there than can be found no where else.

I love that from just about anywhere in the valley you can see the Logan temple. And the view of the valley from the Logan temple is just as breathe taking. My favorite road in the entire valley is the one way road that winds up behind the temple from the southwest.


I love the weather in Cache Valley. Yes, it is butt-freazing cold 5 months out of the year, but it seems more...worth it... there. There were times I thought for sure that I was going to freeze to death walking across campus, especially when the wind starts blowing out of Logan Canyon. And I was always thankful for the shortcuts I found through buildings on my way to the next class. But, it is a beautiful cold.

I can't be thankful for Logan without being thankful for USU. The first time I can clearly remember going to Logan was for the UAC summer workshops. I think I was about 12. I can clearly remember driving up Aggie Blvd. and my dad pointing out the different buildings and things to see. I clearly remember thinking as we drove past the education building that one I WOULD go there. I made my decision right then and there.

That building became my home away from home. I can't count the hours, especially Fall semester 2009, that I spent in that building. I made friends there that will be friends for life. I am so thankful for the education I received there. Just today I was talking with some friends about how absolutely wonderful the ELED program there is compared to other schools in the state.


I am so thankful for the decision I made to apply for the A-team. I was crushed after not being accepted as a school ambassador when I started at USU. But looking back on it, there is no doubt in my mind that the A-team was by far the better blessing. The people I worked with, the students I met, the chance it gave me to get involved and make a difference are all things I will forever be thankful for.


More than anything, I am so thankful for the people in my life, because of Cache Valley, because of Utah State. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family still there. I have made many, many trips to Logan in the 5 years since I have graduated, and every time it is a little harder to leave.






No comments:

Post a Comment