Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thankfulness Day 1

Yesterday in institute we talked about gratitude. It was based on Pres. Uchtdorf's talk from April 2014 General Conference, Grateful in Any Circumstances. The main point is being grateful IN our circumstances, not just FOR a list of things. And that is very true, but I would like to take the next week to express all those things I am thankful for.

Today is dedicated to the people in my life that I am most thankful for.

My family has to be at the top of the list, of course. I seriously have the best family in the world. People have always said that we are "super" close, and I love that. I love our adventures and road trips. I am so grateful that we all get along so well and enjoy spending time together.



I am thankful for Jessi. I never could have asked for a better best friend. I am so thankful that it doesn't matter that we live so far apart. I am thankful that she listens to me complain. I am thankful she is a teacher too so she just gets it. I am so thankful for all our fun times and memories, for Vegas and basketball.


I am thankful for the wonderful people I work with. I have said from the very beginning that there are very few people I could fit in with so well. They may be 35 years older than I am, but it doesn't matter. We fit. I am terrified of the day they leave me. I would not be the person and teacher I am without them. I am thankful for the people that no longer have a responsibility at my school, but still take the time to help me, bail me out when I need help, and check in every once in a while to make sure things are going well.

I am thankful for my bishopric and stake presidency. I have been very blessed to get to know them. They are all wonderful men and men of God. I am so grateful for my calling and the chance it gives me to serve them and serve with them.
(I mean, whose Bishop is THIS cool?)

I am thankful for all the people the Lord has put on my path to help me and bless my life. There are so many of you that have enriched my life and made it so much better. I am thankful for each one of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment