Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thankfulness Day 4

Today in Sacrament meeting our intermediate musical number was done by the brethren in the ward. As they all stood at the front of the chapel singing "Ye Elders of Israel" I felt an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for the music we are blessed with in this life.

Music is a big part of my life and always has been. Nothing can touch my soul faster or more deeply than music. Whether it be the perfect song on the radio to rock out to in the way home from work, time to sit down at the piano and just let all the problems fade away, or a powerful hymn sung in Sacrament meeting, there are very few things that can ease pain, increase joy, or soothe the soul faster than music.

I am so grateful that my mom never gave up on the stubborn 8 year old that went to piano lessons and sat on her hands the entire time. I am grateful my dad put up with the squeaky violin playing through elementary school, junior high, and high school.  I am thankful I was able to dance for so many years and learn to "feel" the music.

I am thankful to belong to a church that puts such an emphasis on music. It is such an important part of our worship. It has an ability to join people together, to bless the weary, and strengthen its members.

No comments:

Post a Comment